Cheshire Cheese Stuffed Pumpkins
One of our favourite autumnal easy-to-make recipes, perfect for a light lunch or a side to a hearty dinner.
- 2 x 700-800g pumpkins, halved and pips scooped out
- 75g couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 175g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100g Cheshire cheese, crumbled
- Freshly milled black pepper
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/ Fan 170°C/ Gas Mark 5. Place the pumpkin halves on a baking tray and cook for 40 minutes.
2) Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 100ml cold water and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3) Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a pan and cook the sliced leeks for 3-4 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
4) Fluff up the couscous with a fork then stir into the leek and mushroom mixture with the pine nuts, parsley and crumbled Cheshire cheese. Season with black pepper.
5) Spoon the stuffing mixture into the pumpkin halves, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
*Recipe thanks to Budgens.